29.11.12

The boy's cake

Well, it's been a while since The Boy celebrated his birthday but I thought I'd share the cake I made with you. It is far from pretty (and very messy) but it was my first attempt at a 'character' cake. I love to bake but I stick to less complicated things. The very lovely Greer from Typically Red emailed me the instructions for this treasure chest cake but I panicked at the last minute (can't remember why now) and I made the pirate ship instead. It certainly helped that The Boy had all the handy props. He loved his cake and I guess that's all that counts :-)


SHARE:

8 comments:

  1. Oh it's so sweet! Love his little pirates on top. x

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's fab! And bet it was delicious too. Love the decorations. x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great cake! I did a similar one last December for my son's birthday and it went down well too! It was worth the extra effort! This years is to be attempted tomorrow for T's 5th birthday on Saturday - a multi-coloured rainbow cake... wish me luck x

    ReplyDelete
  4. That's a lovely cake Col! You can't go wrong with Pirates! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. It's brilliant! I bet he was so pleased. Doing character cakes is scary stuff and it can get horribly competitive, but yours is fab. I am hoping Bella lets me make her a plain iced round cake this year (somehow I don't think I'l get let off that lightly...) xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks everybody. Like Gillian I think I will try a plain iced round cake next year :-) x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh, I love it! Much better than a treasure chest. Arrrrrrrrr!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment. I read every single one of them :-)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
BLOGGER TEMPLATE MADE BY pipdig