21.8.12

(An update) plus have you heard about

...Pinkrain? I love the quirky illustrations, and those geometric brooches are definitely on my wish list now! See more here.

(Update after the images.)

1. Notebook,   2. Magnet,   3. Brooch,   4.  Brooch/magnet
All images by Pinkrain

And finally, a quick update since I have been awol for a while. There have been loads of things going on in the Hello Olive household lately. We've taken the plunge and are moving to the burbs. Gulp. That means leaving the vibey city behind but we get our own garden (yippee) and most importantly we are in a catchment area for a very good school for The Toddler. It has been so stressful finding a place to live as lots of families move to the suburbs for schools, so there is loads of competition for rental properties. (I know this is problem everywhere these days.) 

But thank goodness, our search is over. Now the fun bit - packing. Eek, we still have boxes we haven't unpacked from our move from Scotland TWO years ago! (The joys of a small flat with virtually no storage.) Luckily we have a couple of months to sort everything out before we have to pack up and leave. 

And in other news, Caroline of Scraps Of Us has given me a Liebster Award! Thanks Caroline, your blog is one of my faves so I really appreciate it :-) If you haven't already discovered Scraps Of Us go check it out now - Caroline takes the most amazing photos!

Anyhoo, that's my news. Hopefully now that things have calmed down a bit I'll get my blogging mojo back :-)




SHARE:

19 comments:

  1. Lovely find Col. Thought you must be out and about with the house move - I missed you! x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Missed you too! But having fun catching up with all your guest posts :-) x

      Delete
  2. Ooh exciting news! Can't wait to see pics when your all settled etc, hope the move all goes smoothly for you!x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Still over 2 months to go before we move but I will be sure to share some pics once we are settled! x

      Delete
  3. fun find! good news on the house move, I am longing for my own garden too! x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We have a lovely large communal garden here but it'll be lovely having a place for The Toddler to be free (and not have me loitering in the background)! x

      Delete
  4. I missed you too Col! Hope things go smoothly with the move. There is nothing like it for stress! It will be great to have more space and a garden (and more walls to put pictures on ;) xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. WOW! thanks so much for the featuring! your blog is so lovely! :)
    and good luck with the moving !!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Missed you too Col! Good to see you back here. Good luck with the move. Just think how lovely it will be to unpack and arrange all your things in your new home. x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Gillian, I can't wait! It's so much sunnier and brighter than our flat AND it has space for a dishwasher :-) :-) x

      Delete
  7. Glad to see you back ... have fun with the move to your new house ... think of all the lovely fun you will have making it a home ... Bee x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. PS Pinkrain is great ... brooches are so cute ... thanks for the tip :)

      Delete
    2. Thanks Bee. I have spent lots of time daydreaming about hpw to decorate :-) x

      Delete
  8. Missed you too Col. Very exciting to be moving, hope everything goes ok.
    Thank you so much for your lovely words about my blog, really nice. xx
    Love that magnet and brooch by the way, great find! x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Congrats on the move and the Liebster award! I hadn't heard of pinkrain, nice stuff though - especially the brooch and the hug print. Very cute. I'm glad to hear I'm not the only one who leaves boxes unpacked. We moved 3 years ago and still haven't hung up some pics or unpacked a few boxes. Woops! Carla :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. How exciting! Not the packing bit though but it has to be done. Hope it goes smoothly xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. After 4 moves in 3 years I though maybe I would go fully MAD. Having settled now we have just started unpacking boxes from 4 years ago. Kind of fun really. Good luck, sending you hugs and happy moving vibes!
    happiness...

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment. I read every single one of them :-)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
BLOGGER TEMPLATE MADE BY pipdig